Wednesday, March 30, 2011

From Across the Pond

Last year around Easter, a Facebook friend who lives in England posted that she was eating a Creme Egg McFlurry.

Instantly I knew three things:
1) I wanted a Cadbury Egg McFlurry!
2) It would inevitably make me ill if I were to get my hands on one.
3) Just because I don't like McDonald's very much doesn't mean England can make something better from it without us!

Bad form, England, bad form.

Showing my Yankee pluck, and the Brits that I don't need to hop across the pond to achieve my goals, I purchased* the following items from the store this evening:

Double Vanilla, if you've never tried it, tastes like vanilla soft serve. Mmmm.

Now for the mixing: Cue the music!




Fact- the final product didn't look like much of anything worth photographing, so I opted for my "cracked egg" progress shot instead.

If you too must try a Cadbury McFlurry, I recommend mashing the egg up as much as possible before adding it to the ice cream. I had to scoop it out to mash it after the ice cream had turned the chocolate to some sort of confectionery titanium.

The Result
1) It is delicious, but not epic
2) I'll be buzzing for quite some time from the massive sugar high I'm experiencing, though I'm not too ill

Overall, I'm claiming success!

*Disclaimer for any work colleagues reading: No Root Beer Float Day funds were used in my experiment. I will however be donating the remainder of the ice cream to the RBFD cause.

4 comments:

  1. Ahaha! Max and I know what our afternoon activity is going to be. Maybe a peanut butter egg flurry would be worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is grocery shopping day, and I just added two more things to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I think this needs repeating with the caramel Cadburry eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad this inspired so many more great ideas. That's what human ingenuity is all about!

    Peanut Butter Egg McFlurry = heaven!

    Caramel Egg McFlurry = amazing!

    I'm going to have to try those also!

    ReplyDelete