Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Positively Presidential

This past Sunday there was a leadership coup for the youth in my ward. The youth organizations for the Young Men and Young Women passed from the capable hands of ward members who'd been in the ward for longer than 4 months to members who are the exact opposite of that.

The new Young Men's President joined the ward about a week ago. Surprise!

I'll be a ward member of 4 months in a couple of weeks. So, at least there's that. My long standing nickname of Prez is valid again!

Armed with my scriptures, a testimony of the gospel, my self-confidence as an independent woman, and excellent taste in shoes, I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

Fortunately I know that I always have the support of my Bishopric, particularly the 1st councilor who reached out to catch me as I nearly fell from loosing my balance in my high heels while at the pulpit bearing my testimony. If there's anyone in the ward who didn't know me before. They know me now!

The offending parties:

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! Congratulations. On both your exciting, challenging and stretching new calling, and your public assistance grope. You're going to make a lot of youth have a lot of fun. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! I'm so happy you have a blog. One more way to stalk you. Love the shoes, even if they are treacherous :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support! It's hard to stay mad at such cute shoes. At least the ice was broken. I'm most likely not going to be the typical sort of president, so, I suppose, why start out in a typical sort of way!

    ReplyDelete